German Stuffed Christmas Carp Easy Recipe.
Carp meat is off-white in color, with a dark midlateral strip that's often removed before cooking - it can infuse the meat with a strong, musky flavor. It is low in fat, firm in texture, and mild-though it can be muddy in flavor. The skin is edible but not particularly tasty. The flesh of the Common carp is dark and rich, Bighead carp have white and firm flesh. The Silver carp has a firm and white flesh, with free-floating bones, slightly translucent, and white and mild-tasting when cooked. Female carp flesh stays light and is softer and more delicate than male, and is usually preferred.
Carp, cooked, dry heat fillet (6oz. / 170g.) provide Calories: 275, Protein: 38.9g, Carbohydrate: 0.0g, Total Fat: 12.2g, Fiber: 0.0g. It is an excellent source of: Potassium (726mg), Selenium (27.5mcg), Vitamin B12 (2.5mcg), and Vitamin E (15.3 IU), good source of: Magnesium (64.6mg). 100 grams of cooked (dry heat) carp provides 0.797 grams of Omega-3 fatty acids derived from Eicosapentaenoic Acid (0.305g), Docosahexaenoic Acid (0.146g), and Alpha Lipoic Acid (0.346g).
Baked Carp Recipe - German recipe how to bake whole carp stuffed with tomatoes, onions, orange, banana, and powdered ginger.
- 1 whole fresh Carp (about 5 - 6 pounds), cleaned
- Vinegar or lemon juice
- *Fondor, to taste
- Salt, to taste
- Herbs of Provence
- 1 ounce butter or margarine
Ingredients for Banana Stuffing:
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 onions
- 1 orange
- 1 pinch powdered ginger
- Pepper, to taste
Ingredients for Banana Curry Sauce:
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 packet instant curry sauce
- 2 tablespoons cream
- 1 pinch sugar
Serves/Makes: 8 - 10
How to cook German Stuffed Christmas Carp:
- Wash the carp very good. Sprinkle with vinegar or lemon juice, season on the inside with salt, Fondor and herbs of Provence.
- Pour boiling water on tomatoes, skin and remove the seeds, and dice flesh. Segment the orange and slice the banana.
- Mix everything together then season with pepper and powdered ginger.
- Fill the carp with the stuffing and pin together with small wooden skewers.
- Place in an oval ovenproof dish. Melt butter or margarine and pour it over the carp.
Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C.
- Cook in the oven about 45 minuets on the 2nd shelf from the bottom of the oven.
- To make the sauce, boil 1 cup water, stir in the curry sauce and leave to boil for 1 minute. Skin the bananas and puree, mix into the sauce and add cream and sugar to taste.
- Pour the sauce over the carp and bake for 10 minutes.
This German Stuffed Christmas Carp is a very affordable dish. It is delicious, simple, quick and very easy to cook.
This recipe for German Stuffed Christmas Carp serves/makes: 8 - 10
*Maggi Fondor is a delicious German all-purpose seasoning salt that's completely vegetarian.
Main Ingredient: Carp
Preparation Method: Baked
How to clean a carp:
Because carp has large scales that are embedded in the skin, better to skin the fish. To remove skin, take a sharp knife and cut the skin off in strips, or dip fish in boiling water for 25 seconds, rub the skin off, and cool under running water.
Back to top