How to speed up metabolism?
Metabolism is the process of processing food into clean energy, fuel for your body. It is divided into three types: base (for energy at rest), active (physical activity, energy exercise) and digestive. How quickly your body processes the food depends on many factors: age, height, gender, genetic heritage, hormonal balance, body composition, current emotional state, the nervous system.
In order to speed up your metabolism and lose weight, you need to exercise more and eat more "right" food, get rid of excess fat, and run more. No more than 20% of energy expenditure depends on physical activity (active metabolism). It is very important to eat a food that contains useful elements, like protein, linoleic acid that accelerate metabolism.
- Eat fractional, eat often small portions, split meals and make short breaks between meals to prevent metabolism to slow down.
- Start your day with breakfast and your body will start burn calories, metabolism will go up. When you sleep the level of metabolism is low and is not increased until morning meal. Skipping breakfast means that the metabolism slows down. Wake your body from the “sleepy" stage, after a long break in the consumption of food. In the morning the body needs protein, nutrients and water. Avoid sugar and simple carbohydrates.
- Eat food which is high in protein, include it in each meal including meat, fish, beans and eggs to improve the metabolism. The processing of protein foods body burns more calories, helps control hunger, contribute to weight loss. It optimizes your metabolism at rest while maintaining muscle mass. The protein also contributes to a much slower rise and fall of blood sugar and insulin levels, so you can avoid sugar spikes.
- Drink green tea to speed up metabolism and weight loss; also using its beneficial properties to help to fight carcinogens. Caffeine increases the heart rate and Helps to burn calories faster.
- Drink more water to accelerate the metabolism, burn more calories, suppresses the appetite and helps metabolize fats deferred, flow toxins out of your body. A dehydrated body burns fewer calories, inhibits the processes of natural purification of the body and causes a constant self-poisoning of cells, tissues and organs.
- Add spices and / or pepper to meal to stimulate the body to release adrenaline, to speed up metabolism and burn more calories. Also spices help to reduce appetite and weight loss.
- Eat food high with iron to fill your cells with oxygen. Less oxygen in cells slows down the metabolism and your body fills fatigue and weakness.
- Eat food high with magnesium which can help to burn more calories and increase the metabolism, like spinach or peanut butter.
- Eat food high with potassium which helps to accelerate metabolism in the body by regulating water balance. Most of potassium found in bananas and dried fruits, oranges and milk.
- Eat food high in fiber, including fruits, especially apples, grapefruits and lemons, which increase the metabolism, make calories burn faster and weight loss.
- Eat food high in Omega-3 fatty acids which regulate the level of leptin hormone in the body and are responsible for the rate of metabolism and the rate of burning calories.
- Eat food high with Vitamin B and other B Vitamins which are really speed up the metabolism in cells.
- Eat as many different vegetables and fruit as you can. Choose fruits and vegetables which are rich in colors. For maximum benefit you need at least 5 servings a day.
- Try to go to bed and calm body between 10 and 11p.m. when the nervous system is actually resting. Healthy deep sleep helps you to wake up attentive and refreshed, helps the body into growth hormone, which speeds up the metabolism, burns calories and lead to weight loss. Deep sleep promotes refreshes the brain cells that will benefit the body. A sleepless night causes the brain to feel a lack of energy, and it requires more calories, this why you feel hungry.
- Do not eat at night. Sleep on an empty stomach - this session is detox and clean the colon, and an extensive dinner turns night into the procedure of self-poisoning, disrupting metabolism. Bad habits of late dinner costs headaches, swelling of the legs, heaviness throughout the body, bloating, bad breath, weight increase, the increase in the waist, back pain and joint pain, constipation, hemorrhoids, varicose veins ....
- Go outside and breathe fresh air when the sun is up. Oxygen helps to start burning fat. The sun's rays help to synthesize vitamin D and have a beneficial effect on the immune system, the body and mood which will contribute to your weight loss and speed up the metabolism.
- Move more, walk, run, do any physical activity, burn the calories, lose weight, increase metabolism. For 10 years the average man and woman aged 20 to 50 years lose 3 to 5 pounds of muscle and add 3 times more fat because your metabolism slows down with age. Build your muscles cells which burn 5 times more calories than fat. The more muscle you have, the more calories you burn every minute of the day. Even if your brain resists, your body loves physical activity and preferably - in the morning after you wake up, which not only speed up metabolism, but also strengthens the heart muscle.
- Go to sauna, steam room or / and infrared sauna. Steam, hot air wrapping and heating the body, opens the pores, increases circulation in the cells, simultaneously expels toxins through sweating and stimulates the metabolism. Infrared radiation increases cellular activity, metabolism, ensures free breathing of the skin as a separate organ. Do the massage which promotes rapid recovery of muscles, improves blood circulation and metabolism in the body.
- Take a contrast shower or a shower with a gradual decrease in water temperature from 34 to 20 degrees to speed up the metabolism and maintain the elasticity of the body.
- More sex will speed up the metabolism. Each orgasm has physiological significance: the blood strongly absorbs oxygen, improves tissue nutrition and increase metabolism.
Back to top