Pan Fried Carp Fillets Easy Recipe.
Carp meat is off-white in color, with a dark midlateral strip that's often removed before cooking - it can infuse the meat with a strong, musky flavor. It is low in fat, firm in texture, and mild-though it can be muddy in flavor. The skin is edible but not particularly tasty. Common carp have dark and rich flesh, Bighead carp have white and firm flesh. The Silver carp has a firm and white flesh with free-floating bones, slightly translucent. It is white and mild-tasting when cooked. Female carp flesh stays light; it is softer and more delicate than male, and is usually preferred.
Carp, cooked, dry heat fillet (6oz. / 170g.) provide Calories: 275, Protein: 38.9g, Carbohydrate: 0.0g, Total Fat: 12.2g, Fiber: 0.0g, Potassium: 726mg, Selenium: 27.5mcg, Vitamin B12: 2.5mcg, Vitamin E: 15.3 IU, and Magnesium: 64.6mg. 100 grams of cooked (dry heat) carp provides 0.797 grams of Omega-3 fatty acids derived from Eicosapentaenoic Acid (0.305g), Docosahexaenoic Acid (0.146g), and Alpha Lipoic Acid (0.346g).
Pan Fried Carp Recipe - easy recipe how to pan fry carp fillets with buttermilk, pancake mix, and dried lemon flakes.
- 2 pounds cleaned Carp fillets
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup pancake mix
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried lemon flakes
How to cook Easy Pan Fried Carp Fillets:
- Place carp fillets in a shallow dish. Pour the buttermilk over them and let it stand for half an hour, turning the fillets over once during that time.
- Stir the salt into the pancake mix.
- Take carp fillets out of the buttermilk and pat them into the pancake mix, covering both sides.
- Fry carp fillets in deep fryer or in hot oil in fry-pan for 5 - 10 minutes until cooked through and browned on both sides. Use tongs or slotted spoon to turn them. (If oil is too hot, they will brown too quickly and not cook within.)
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve with lemon wedges if available.
The Easy Pan Fried Carp Fillets is a very affordable dish. Delicious, simple, and easy recipe.
This recipe for Easy Pan Fried Carp Fillets serves/makes: 6
Main Ingredient: Carp
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
How to fillet a carp:
To fillet, use a sharp, thin knife. With the carp lying on its side, insert the knife behind the gills, and cut in an arc down to just above the backbone. Continue cutting parallel to the backbone toward the tail. Bring the knife up at the tail and remove the fillet.
Back to top