Italian Easy Pasta with Canned Carp Recipe.
Carp meat is off-white in color, with a dark midlateral strip that's often removed before cooking - it can infuse the meat with a strong, musky flavor. It is low in fat, firm in texture, and mild-though it can be muddy in flavor. The skin is edible but not particularly tasty. Common carp have dark and rich flesh, Bighead carp have white and firm flesh. The Silver carp has a firm and white flesh with free-floating bones, slightly translucent. It is white and mild-tasting when cooked. Female carp flesh stays light; it is softer and more delicate than male, and is usually preferred.
Carp, cooked, dry heat fillet (6oz. / 170g.) provide Calories: 275, Protein: 38.9g, Carbohydrate: 0.0g, Total Fat: 12.2g, Fiber: 0.0g, Potassium: 726mg, Selenium: 27.5mcg, Vitamin B12: 2.5mcg, Vitamin E: 15.3 IU, and Magnesium: 64.6mg. 100 grams of cooked (dry heat) carp provides 0.797 grams of Omega-3 fatty acids derived from Eicosapentaenoic Acid (0.305g), Docosahexaenoic Acid (0.146g), and Alpha Lipoic Acid (0.346g).
Pasta with Carp Recipe - Easy Italian recipe how to cook pasta with canned carp, onion, bacon, garlic powder, crushed oregano, white sauce, Parmesan cheese, sugar, and heavy cream.
- 1 (14 ounces) can of flaked Carp
- 1 small onion finely minced
- 8 ounces pasta
- 8 slices bacon
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon crushed oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package prepared white sauce
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
How to cook Italian Easy Pasta with Canned Carp:
- Cook pasta according to package directions drain and keep warm.
- Cook bacon until crisp. Drain, reserving about 2 tablespoons bacon fat.
- Use bacon fat to sauté onion, garlic, sugar and oregano. Drain off fat.
- Prepare white sauce. Mix Sauce, Parmesan cheese, garlic, sugar and onion, Crumble up bacon and add to mix. Stir in canned Carp and heavy cream heat through.
- Serve over hot cooked pasta.
This Italian Easy Pasta with Canned Carp is a very affordable dish. It is delicious, simple, quick and very easy to cook.
This recipe for Italian Easy Pasta with Canned Carp serves/makes: 4
Main Ingredient: Carp
Preparation Method: Pasta
Back to top