Deep Fried Carp Fillets Easy Recipe.
Carp meat is off-white in color, with a dark midlateral strip that's often removed before cooking - it can infuse the meat with a strong, musky flavor. It is low in fat, firm in texture, and mild-though it can be muddy in flavor. The skin is edible but not particularly tasty. Common carp have dark and rich flesh, Bighead carp have white and firm flesh. The Silver carp has a firm and white flesh with free-floating bones, slightly translucent. It is white and mild-tasting when cooked. Female carp flesh stays light; it is softer and more delicate than male, and is usually preferred.
Carp, cooked, dry heat fillet (6oz. / 170g.) provide Calories: 275, Protein: 38.9g, Carbohydrate: 0.0g, Total Fat: 12.2g, Fiber: 0.0g, Potassium: 726mg, Selenium: 27.5mcg, Vitamin B12: 2.5mcg, Vitamin E: 15.3 IU, and Magnesium: 64.6mg. 100 grams of cooked (dry heat) carp provides 0.797 grams of Omega-3 fatty acids derived from Eicosapentaenoic Acid (0.305g), Docosahexaenoic Acid (0.146g), and Alpha Lipoic Acid (0.346g).
Deep Fried Carp Recipe - easy recipe how to deep fry carp fillets with milk, biscuit mix or pancake mix, oil, and lemon wedges.
- 2 pound fresh Carp fillets
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup biscuit mix or pancake mix
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Oil (for deep frying)
- Lemon wedges
How to cook Easy Deep Fried Carp Fillets:
- Remove the skin of the carp and take out all the brownish-redish-colored part of the meat, the "mud vein" discard.
- Chunk up the rest of the carp fillets. Place carp fillet pieces in a shallow dish. Pour the milk over them and let it stand for half an hour, turning the fillets over once during that time. Stir the salt into the biscuit mix.
- Take carp fillets out of the milk and pat them into the biscuit mix, covering both sides.
- Fry carp fillets in deep fryer or in medium hot oil in fry-pan for 5 - 10 minutes until cooked through and browned on both sides. Use tongs or slotted spoon to turn them.
- Drain on paper towels. Serve with lemon wedges.
This Easy Deep Fried Carp Fillets is a very affordable dish. It is delicious, simple, quick and very easy to cook.
This recipe for Easy Deep Fried Carp Fillets serves/makes: 6
Main Ingredient: Carp
Preparation Method: Deep Fried
How to fillet a carp:
To fillet, use a sharp, thin knife. With the carp lying on its side, insert the knife behind the gills, and cut in an arc down to just above the backbone. Continue cutting parallel to the backbone toward the tail. Bring the knife up at the tail and remove the fillet.
Back to top