Broiled Marinated Carp Easy Recipe.
Carp meat is off-white in color, with a dark midlateral strip that's often removed before cooking - it can infuse the meat with a strong, musky flavor. It is low in fat, firm in texture, and mild-though it can be muddy in flavor. The skin is edible but not particularly tasty. The flesh of the Common carp is dark and rich, Bighead carp have white and firm flesh. The Silver carp has a firm and white flesh, with free-floating bones, slightly translucent, and white and mild-tasting when cooked. Female carp flesh stays light and is softer and more delicate than male, and is usually preferred.
Carp, cooked, dry heat fillet (6oz. / 170g.) provide Calories: 275, Protein: 38.9g, Carbohydrate: 0.0g, Total Fat: 12.2g, Fiber: 0.0g. It is an excellent source of: Potassium (726mg), Selenium (27.5mcg), Vitamin B12 (2.5mcg), and Vitamin E (15.3 IU), good source of: Magnesium (64.6mg). 100 grams of cooked (dry heat) carp provides 0.797 grams of Omega-3 fatty acids derived from Eicosapentaenoic Acid (0.305g), Docosahexaenoic Acid (0.146g), and Alpha Lipoic Acid (0.346g).
Broiled Carp Recipe - easy recipe how to broil marinated carp fillets with oil, onion, lemon juice, and basil.
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh Carp fillets
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1/2 cup onion, cut into thin rings
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tsp basil, crumbled
- 3 tbsp boiled water
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to cook Easy Broiled Marinated Carp:
- Place the fish in salt water and let it soak for 10 minutes. It will cut the fishy smell.
- Wash fish well, rinse and pat dry with paper towels.
- Combine oil, onion, lemon juice, basil, water and salt and pepper to taste in a jar with a tight-fitting lid. Shake until well blended.
- Place carp fillets in a shallow baking dish and pour marinade over.
- Marinate at room temperature approximately 1 hour.
- Turn on and preheat broiler.
- Arrange carp fillets on a heavily buttered piece of foil in broiler pan. Pour marinade over.
- Broil about 4 inches from heat source 8-10 minutes, or until fish is opaque throughout.
- Serve with mashed potatoes or rise.
- It looks great on a salat leaf with chopped dill, basil, parsley, sliced lemons and tomatoes.
The Easy Broiled Marinated Carp is a very affordable dish. Delicious, simple, and easy recipe.
This recipe for Easy Broiled Marinated Carp serves/makes: 4
Main Ingredient: Carp
Preparation Method: Broiled/Grilled
How to clean a carp:
Because carp has large scales that are embedded in the skin, better to skin the fish. To remove skin, take a sharp knife and cut the skin off in strips, or dip fish in boiling water for 25 seconds, rub the skin off, and cool under running water.
Back to top