Easy Baked Whole Carp with Sour Cream Sauce Recipe.
Carp meat is off-white in color, with a dark midlateral strip that's often removed before cooking - it can infuse the meat with a strong, musky flavor. It is low in fat, firm in texture, and mild-though it can be muddy in flavor. The skin is edible but not particularly tasty. The flesh of the Common carp is dark and rich, Bighead carp have white and firm flesh. The Silver carp has a firm and white flesh, with free-floating bones, slightly translucent, and white and mild-tasting when cooked. Female carp flesh stays light and is softer and more delicate than male, and is usually preferred.
Carp, cooked, dry heat fillet (6oz. / 170g.) provide Calories: 275, Protein: 38.9g, Carbohydrate: 0.0g, Total Fat: 12.2g, Fiber: 0.0g. It is an excellent source of: Potassium (726mg), Selenium (27.5mcg), Vitamin B12 (2.5mcg), and Vitamin E (15.3 IU), good source of: Magnesium (64.6mg). 100 grams of cooked (dry heat) carp provides 0.797 grams of Omega-3 fatty acids derived from Eicosapentaenoic Acid (0.305g), Docosahexaenoic Acid (0.146g), and Alpha Lipoic Acid (0.346g).
Baked Carp Recipe - easy recipe how to bake whole carp with butter, bay leaves, sour cream, and lemon juice.
- 1 whole fresh Carp, 3-4 pounds
- 1/4 cup butter or olive oil
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 onion
- Fresh Dill or 2 tsp. dried dill weed
- 1/3 cup of sour cream
- 1 lemon, made into juice, or 1 - 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
Serves/Makes: 6 - 8
How to cook Easy Baked Whole Carp with Sour Cream Sauce:
- Scale the fish, gut, remove gills and rinse in running water.
- Place the fish in salt water and let it soak for 30 minutes. It will cut the fishy smell.
- Wash fish very well, rinse and pat dry with paper towels.
- Grease a shallow baking dish with butter or oil.
- Season carp inside and out with salt and pepper and leave for 15 minutes.
- Cut onions and dill and stuff fish with onion rings and dill stalks or dill weed. Shred the rest of dill and mix with sour cream.
- Place bay leaves on butter pats and lay them on top of the carp. Cover with sour cream and lemon juice all over.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bake in oven for 40 minutes or when brown. Baste frequently.
- Serve with vegetables, noodles or potatoes.
The Easy Baked Whole Carp with Sour Cream Sauce is a very affordable dish. Delicious, simple, and easy recipe.
This recipe for Easy Baked Whole Carp with Sour Cream Sauce serves/makes: 6 - 8
Main Ingredient: Carp
Preparation Method: Baked
How to clean a carp:
Because carp has large scales that are embedded in the skin, better to skin the fish. To remove skin, take a sharp knife and cut the skin off in strips, or dip fish in boiling water for 25 seconds, rub the skin off, and cool under running water.
Back to top