Baked Smoked Haddock Tasty Recipe.
The meat of the Haddock is lean and white, a little less firm than cod and flakes beautifully when cooked. Haddock is an excellent source of dietary protein. It also contains a good deal of vitamin B12, pyridoxine, and selenium, and a healthy balance of sodium and potassium, with very little fat. 100 grams of cooked (dry heat) haddock provides 0.159 grams of omega-3 fatty acids derived from 0.004g of EPA, 0.154g of DHA, and 0.001g of ALA.
Microwave Baked Smoked Haddock Recipe - Smoked haddock cooked in the microwave with pepper and light cream. Peeled and boiled, parsleyed potatoes are a tradition with this dish. Could be ready in 15 minutes.
- 1 pound (500 g) smoked Haddock
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) butter
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 mL) pepper
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) cornstarch
- 1 cup (250 mL) milk or light cream
How to cook Baked Smoked Haddock:
- If needed, skin fish cut haddock into individual servings or bite-size pieces.
- In a 9-inch (23-cm) pie plate, melt butter for 2 minutes on 'MAXIMUM'.
- Add haddock sprinkle fish with pepper, cover and microwave fish for 3 minutes on 'MEDIUM-MAXIMUM'.
- Mix together cornstarch and milk or light cream pour all over fish.
- Simmer for 5 minutes on 'MINIMUM-MEDIUM'.
- Stir and serve immediately (good with boiled, parsleyed potatoes).
This recipe for Baked Smoked Haddock serves/makes: 3. Great tasting food is easy to cook, delicious, simple and very affordable dish. Preparation time: 5 minutes, Cooking time: 8 minutes.
Main Ingredient: Haddock
Preparation Method: Microwave
Back to top